Thursday, September 23, 2010

Welcome to the Blog

Hey, I'm Steve- a junior here at Mercyhurst College in Erie, PA. It's pretty hard to believe that I've flown through two years of college already, but here I am, at the halfway point. To my bachelor's degree, anyways. I'm studying History with a concentration in Secondary Education- that's right, I want to teach high schoolers.

Call it insane, call it noble, but teaching is what's calling me.

I'm from Depew, a suburb of the winter wonderland known as Buffalo, New York. I won't lie to you, I miss home everyday (I mean, c'mon. Chicken wings. Do I need to say anything further?) but the community here at Mercyhurst truly has made Erie, Pennsylvania my second home.

And for those of you wondering about the blog title...Mercyhurst just happens to be on one of the highest points in the city of Erie. My brother was also looking at schools here and when I told another college's representative of my enrollment at Mercyhurst he said "So, how's life up on the hill?" Voila, blog title. Done.

There's always something going on at the 'Hurst, which means I'll have plenty to write about. I'm open for any questions from students, parents, or anyone who just wants to know about Mercyhurst- my email is in the "about me" box to the left. We're undertaking this project for you, the reader, so don't be shy!

"Carpe Diem. Seize the day, boys- make your lives extraordinary."- Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society

No comments:

Post a Comment