Sunday, January 9, 2011

Auld Lang Syne

It's been an entire month since I posted last.

I can't believe it, but to my defense, I've had a lot of stuff to deal with. Starting this term was incredibly hard in the wake of my mother's death, but as always, my wonderful colleagues and professors here at the 'Hurst have made getting back to my studies the easiest it possibly could've been.

Also, this month I've made a big decision: to drop the Education concentration from my degree. I more or less had a change of heart, and after some long, hard thinking,decided that Education wasn't where my heart was. History is. And also considering that my goal has always been to teach at a college or university, focusing on history is really what I should be doing.

And, the best news is, I'm way ahead! I mean, if I wanted to, I could graduate early next year, with only 7 required classes left over the span of 4 terms. BUT let's face it, I would miss Mercyhurst too much and I'd like to walk the stage at graduation with my friends. So, I'm here until the end.

And, I also need to pick up another language for Grad school. I can't believe that it's time to start thinking about my post-Mercyhurst plans, but Junior year is scary like that. About a year and a half left in my 'Hurst bubble, then (if my plans go the way I want them to) I'm off to Philadelphia for my graduate studies.

Other than school work, I've just been working at Old Navy (looking great in their clothes, of course) and studying my butt off. I went to my first hockey game in months yesterday, to see the Mercyhurst women take on Syracuse University. It ended up, in a 6-0 blowout, with our Lakers on the winning end.

Hopefully the girls are getting ready for a big Frozen Four appearance this coming spring in good old Erie, PA!

But for now, I'm going to my cousin's (who recently moved to Erie) to watch some NFL football. I'm pulling for the Kansas City Chiefs and the Philadelphia Eagles!

No comments:

Post a Comment